Vietnam business visa for New Zealand citizens
Basically, Vietnam visa classified in 2 main types: Vietnam tourist visa and business visa. New Zealand passport holders can apply for Vietnam business visa at the Vietnam Embassy or apply visa online easily for lower cost and high success rate.
Business visa is categorized into DN, LD or DT in which DN visa is the most popular. While DT visa is granted to investors or lawyers and LD visa is granted to foreign workers, DN visa is granted to skilled foreigners who enter Vietnam for business activities like: seeking for business opportunity, doing marketing research, providing technology transfer or working with the Vietnamese enterprises… A business visa is normally valid for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months to 1 year with single or multiple entry. If you apply for business visa at the the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand, you will need to provide the official entry clearance from your sponsors (employers, partners or company’s legal representative…). In case you do not have business sponsors who can provide you with this entry clearance, you can apply for a business visa on arrival via www.e-visasvietnam.com to skip all these tangled documents.
1. Who need a business visa for Vietnam?
Vietnam business visa is signed in different codes corresponding with the foreigner’s purposes of entry:
- DT: visa granted to the investor or lawyers practicing in Vietnam. DT visa is valid for up to 5 years;
- LD: visa granted to foreign workers working in the projects or company. DT visa is valid for up to 2 years.
- DN: visa granted to skilled professionals (businessmen, specialists, engineers, teachers, doctors, interns…) who enter Vietnam for business activities or working with the Vietnamese Enterprises. DN visa is valid for up to 12 months;
Base on your purpose of entry, you will apply for appropriate business visa.
1.1. DT and LD visa
In order to apply for DT and LD visa, the investors, lawyers or foreign workers must provide the proof of legal status of the organizations as prescribed by Vietnam’s law including:
- Certified true copy of the license or decision of the competent authority on establishment of the organization, company (Business Registration Certificate, Stamp Registration Certificate, Certificate for Tax Code Registration);
- Certified true copy papers proving the investment in Vietnam in accordance with the Law on Investment (Investment Certificate);
- Document introducing the seal and signature of a competent person NA16 (download form NA16);
- The visa application form NA2 (download form NA2);
- Temporary residence registration;
- Passport validity must be at least 1 month longer than the applied visa validity. However, many airlines require passport validity of at least 6 months for eligibility.
Processing time: 5 – 7 working days after providing all required documentation.
The investors can apply for a Temporary Residence Card for 3 years maximum.
Visa approval letter for DT visa sample
1.2. DN visa
This is the most popular business visa for Vietnam issued to skilled professionals entering to work with Vietnamese enterprises.
DN visa is normally valid for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year and it can be extended easily for more stay in Vietnam.
In order to apply for DN visa through www.e-visasvietnam.com, you don’t have to provide any special documentation except your passport copy and the information about the date of entry, multiple or single entry and arrival airport information.
In this post, we will instruct you how to apply business DN visa Vietnam from New Zealand at high success rate without taking much effort:
2. How to apply for business DN visa for Vietnam successfully?
2.1. Apply for business DN visa at the Vietnam Embassy
From New Zealand, applicants should prepare following documents to submit at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate for getting business visa:
- Valid passport (orginal);
- Sponsor invitation letter;
- Completed application form;
- Passport-sized photos;
- Application fee;
- Criminal record of the applicant and legal status of the sponsor (may vary on each Vietnam Embassy or not compulsory)
All these document will be submitted to the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand and the visa will be completed after 5-7 working days.
Embassy of Vietnam in Welllington, New Zealand
Address: Level 21, Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace P.O. Box 8042, Welllington, New Zealand
Telephone: (644) 473 5912
Fax: (644) 473 5913
2.2. Apply for business DN visa online to pickup visa on arrival
The New Zealander citizens, who is living far from Vietnam Embassy, can select Vietnam visa on arrival to avoid a lengthy and costly process. Like a tourist visa, online business visa application is very simple and effortless process. You do not have to provide any special documentation but you just need to follow some steps below:
- Fill in the online application form
- Conduct a payment with your credit cards via PayPal, bank wiring transfer or Western Union
- Get visa approval letter delivered by email within 3 working days (normal service) or 1 day (urgent service) or 2 – 4 working hours (emergency service)
- Print out the letter, bring with original passport, 2 photos, stamping fee to board your flight and get visa stamped at arrival airport.
If you need a DN visa done in short time for sudden business in Vietnam there is a special online visa service offered. It takes maximum 4 working hours to complete an approval letter with urgent visa service. At weekend or during Vietnamese public holidays, when all the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in abroad is closed, visa on arrival application is still available. In this case, you are recommended to take along with the visa fast track service to avoid any hassle that may come to you upon arrival.
For the New Zealander businessmen who are staying in Vietnam and their business visa will be expired soon, they may have it extended easily by visiting the Vietnam Immigration Department in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City or Danang or contact us to process it right away.
In order to work and get income in Vietnam, you will need a Vietnamese Work Permit.
To apply for a Vietnamese Work Permit, you must be at least 18 years of age and physically fit to do the work you have applied for. You will also have to be qualified to do the work and provide proof of your technical skills and professional qualifications. You cannot have a criminal record or a previous conviction to receive a valid permit.
If you work as a doctor, nurse or pharmacist, you will have to satisfy additional requirements. The Vietnamese government is trying to ensure that the expats moving to Vietnam are qualified to provide the services they plan to offer. You will receive your work permit within 15 days after providing fully required documentation.
After getting your work permit, if you want to stay in Vietnam longer we can help you getting Temporary Residence Card (TRC) that allows you residing in Vietnam 2 years without leaving country in the middle. Don’t worry if you haven’t got a Vietnamese Work Permit, we can still help you!
3. How much does Vietnam business visa for New Zealand cost?
The New Zealand citizens applying for Vietnam business visa will need to pay two kinds of fee: processing fee and stamping fee. The processing fee is paid to the Vietnam visa agency to arrange visa approval letter and the stamping fee is paid at visa counter at arrival airport for visa stamp.
|Visa type||Validity||Processing fee||Stamping fee|
|1||1 month single entry business visa (DN visa)||30 days||80 USD||25 USD|
|2||3 months single entry business visa (DN visa)||85 - 90 days||105 USD||25 USD|
|3||1 month multiple entry business visa (DN visa)||30 days||90 USD||50 USD|
|4||3 months multiple entry business visa (DN visa)||85 - 90 days||125 USD||50 USD|