Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
We are completely independent!
We are not the government’s website or affiliated with the government agencies but independent Vietnamese visa agency. Our mission is to bring you convenience and give you full support for Vietnam visa service. We work closely with governments and their agencies in order to ensure a smooth and transparent process for our clients.
Vietnam e-visa in 2022: Things should keep in mind for a successful visa application
Apply visa with peace of mind
Visa on arrival and e-visa are issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, therefore they are totally legitimate.
No hidden charge
You will only be charged a fee for visa service. There is no hidden fee guarantee.
You will receive 100% money back if the visa on arrival can not be done.
Easy and express
No extra document required. No embassy chase down. 2 days delivery for visa on arrival as the latest
If you need help our dedicated teams are always ready to assist you online and at the arrival airports
1. Visa on arrival (VOA)
Vietnam visa on arrival: longer staying, simple process, for multi purposes!
Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa to Vietnam in addition to the traditional way of obtaining a visa at Vietnam Embassy or Consulates. It is available for the foreigners from +200 countries all over the world arriving Vietnam by airplane, with the validity period from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year, single or multiple entry. Learn more about Vietnam visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is very cheap, flexible and easy to use. You just need to follow some simple steps below to receive the visa approval letter within 36 hours or sooner:
4 steps to get Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Step 1: Go to the visa application form and select “Apply visa on arrival” to fill out with your passport details and the date of entry. Various of visa categories are offered that you feel free to select;
- Step 2: Check the entered information and make payment for visa processing fee;
- Step 3: Receive the visa approval letter within 36 hours, ready to get on the plane and pick up visa at arrival airport;
- Step 4: Get visa stamp at immigration counter at arrival airport after paying the stamping fee. You can skip getting in lines with the visa fast track service.
The citizens of United States of America can apply for 1 year multiple entry tourist visa with 90 days stay each visit.
1 year business visa will give US citizens a straight stay of 12 months without leaving the country in the middle.
2. Electronic visa (e-visa)
How to get an e-visa for Vietnam?
From 1 February 2017, the citizens from 80 countries are eligible for a 30 days (single entry) e-visa for Vietnam. In order to apply for e-visas, the visitors are required to complete an application form, pay the fee 25 USD to the Vietnam Immigration Department and receive the e-visa after 3 – 5 working days. In case of the application to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department, the result will be delivered within 3 – 15 working days.
Below is the detailed instruction on how to apply for a Vietnam e-visa:
- Step 1: Connect to the visa application form and select an appropriate option (to get the visa done in 4 hours to 1 working day) or go online at the Vietnam e-visa website (to get visa done in 3 to 15 working days) to fill in the application form, upload a passport-sized photo and a copy of passport.
- Step 2: Pay e-visa fee with your credit cards, debit cards or PayPal;
- Step 3: Within 3 – 15 working days (or 4 working hours to 1 working day) after you submit an e-visa application and pay the visa fee, you will receive a notification of visa completion via email. You just need download and print out the e-visa, bring along with your original passport and obtain an entry permit stamp onto your passport when you arrive in Vietnam.
If you need an e-visa expedited in short time (4 working hours or 1 working day), you should apply an e-visa with us by selecting the “Apply electronic visa” button below. We have a special authorized business with the Vietnam Immigration Department, and work with them on our client behalf to get the e-visa done faster.
Who should use e-visa for Vietnam?
Since e-visa is designated for the citizens of specific nations, you’ll need to make sure you are eligible for Vietnam e-visa. You are recommended to use the e-visa in the following cases:
- You travel Vietnam for tourist purposes and you will stay in the country less than 1 month for single time;
- Since the e-visa is designated for a single entry, it will be expired once you left the country. If you wish to return to Vietnam, you need to apply for another e-visa. The second e-visa application should be made when you entered Vietnam with the first e-visa already;
- You are familiar with the Vietnam immigration procedures and you will not need further supports. Vietnam e-visa has just been launched by a busy government organization who is supposed to handle thousand requests per day, so you may not get a full support like a visa on arrival;
- You have got well planned trip and there are plenty of time remaining for your visa application. Sometime it will take longer than 3 – 5 days to complete your visa, you need to make sure that you will not miss your trip in that case;
- You would like to pay all the visa fee before you travel Vietnam. You must accept the non-refundable policy in case your visa is rejected;
- You know about the Vietnam e-visa system clearly that you don’t make any mistakes when applying for an e-visa. You are highly recommended to check the visa information carefully before submission to avoid any spelling mistakes or incorrect data.
How Vietnam e-visa works?
When you receive an e-visa issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, it is a completed visa. It means that you can enter Vietnam with this e-visa without paying any extra fee.
Below is the outline that describes how a Vietnam e-visa works:
– You print out the e-visa and bring along with your passport, air ticket to get on the plane;
– At the entry ports, you will show this printed visa to the Vietnam Immigration Department. They will check with your passport to ensure everything is correct. If everything matches with your passport details, they will give you an entry stamp on the passport;
– Now you can go through the immigration checkpoint, collect your luggage and get entered Vietnam.
3. Visa on arrival or e-visa?
Instead of going to the Vietnam Embassy to apply for a visa, you now can stay at home and easily make an application for Vietnam visa online through some simple steps. You can select visa on arrival (visa picked up at arrival airport) or e-visa (electronic visa) for Vietnam. Each visa package has its own advantage and disadvantage as stated in the table below:
|Visa on arrival (VOA)|
(temporarily suspended at present)
|Electronic visa (e-visa)|
|Visa fee||From US $6 + stamping fee||From US $47, no stamping fee is required;
Non-refundable in case your visa application is refused
|Entry type||Single or multiple entry||Single entry|
|Issuing authority||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Immigration Department|
|Beneficiaries||All visitors travel to Vietnam by airplane||Citizens of 80 countries|
|Purpose of visit||Vacation, business, family or friend visit, and others||Vacation, business, family or friend visit, and others|
|Visa validity||1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year||30 days|
|Processing time||- Normal: 2 working days;|
- Urgent: 1 working day, 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour and even at weekend;
|- Normal: No sooner than 3 working days;
- Urgent: 2 working days, 1 working day or 4 working hours service is available!
|Entry gate||Six (06) international airports in Vietnam, consisting of Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi, Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong, Da Nang Airport in Da Nang, Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang and Phu Quoc Airport in Phu Quoc.||37 entry gates including:
- 9 international airports;
- 16 land ports and;
- 12 seaports across Vietnam.
See the list of entry gates
|How to get?||Step 1. Go online at the visa application form and select "Vietnam visa on arrival";|
Step 2. Make payment of service fee;
Step 3. Receive the visa approval letter via email;
Step 4. Get visa stamped at Vietnam airport upon arrival by presenting original passport, photos, entry and exit form and stamping fee in cash.
|Step 1. Connect to the visa application form and select "30 days single entry (tourist e-visa)"
Step 2: Complete the form and attach it with photos of yourself and your passport page;
Step 3. Make payment of visa fee;
Step 4. You then will be provided with a digital code to check the application progress and print the e-visa once it has been issued.
|Warning||It may, but just sometimes, take you up to 30 minutes or 1 hour to get visa stamped at Vietnam airport if there are too many people arriving at the same time.||- As this kind of visa is very new, of which some certain airlines or even immigration staff at the airports may have not been aware and therefore may refuse it, you should check with your airlines in advance to avoid this;|
Why should you choose visa on arrival?
- Visa on arrival is available for the citizens of more than 200 countries;
- Visa on arrival is cheaper (you spend from 9 USD processing fee and 25 USD stamping fee for 1 month single entry visa in comparison with 42 USD for 1 month tourist electronic visa);
- You will have 24 x 7 support from us after you submit your visa application. We will care for your entry until you got your visa successfully.
- Visa on arrival validity can be 1 month, 3 months for tourist visa or even 6 months or 1 year for business visa;
- Visa approval letter for VOA can be provided within 1 – 2 hours, it is very helpful for the customer’s urgent entries;
Update: Since August 15, 2023 Vietnam visa on arrival is restored. Visa on arrival is the alternative option for the travelers just in case the e-visa portal is broken and you will need a concrete solution for a rush visa for Vietnam.
What is Vietnam visa on arrival?