Vietnam visa requirements for Greek nations
The Greek nationality is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all Greek passport holders need to apply visa to Vietnam for either tourism or business purposes.
1. What do Greek travelers need for Vietnam visa?
The passport should satisfy following requirements:
– Have at least 2 blank pages to get visa sticky and stamp;
– Have at least 6 months validity counted from your date of arrival;
– Have a white background;
– Be taken in the last 03 months;
– Eyes look straight on without glasses, photos should be taken clearly with the appearance of 2 ears;
– You have to upload one colored photo (4×6) to the application form in case you are applying for e-visa for Vietnam.
– Stamping fee must be paid in cash (VND or USD) not by credit cards;
– Other currency will be converted using given exchange rate;
– There is no ATM, money changer or any other way to withdraw money in the immigration hall so that cash (25 USD for single entry or 50 USD for multiple entry) is required.
– For e-visa, stamping fee is paid in advance, so no money is required on arrival;
Entry and exit form:
– This form can be downloaded from our website and should be filled in advance to save your time at arrival airport;
– The completed form will be submitted at the visa desk along with your passport, visa approval letters and stamping fee;
– Learn more how to fill in the Entry and exit form.
2. How do Greek applicants apply for Vietnam visa?
2.1. Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival
The citizens of Greece can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The Vietnam visa will be picked up upon arrival at the Vietnam airports by showing up the printed approval letter.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 1 or 2 working days (normal processing mode), 4 working hours (urgent processing mode) or even 1 hour (emergency processing mode) depending on which option the applicant chooses when submitting online application form.
The aim of visa on arrival is to make the trip to Vietnam easier and cheaper. It is applicable only to those traveling by air to Vietnam. Vietnam visa on arrival is especially an advantage to those living far from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Greece.
By using Vietnam visa on arrival, the Greek travelers do not need to wait too long to get the approval letter, an official document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department giving permission to get the visa upon arrival.
In order to get a Vietnam visa on arrival, the Greek visitors should pay two types of fee: the service fee and the stamping fee.
Service fee: The service fee is for visa approval letter processing.
Stamping fee: The stamping fee is paid in cash to the Vietnam Immigration Officer at the arrival airport to get the visa stamp.
– Visa on arrival is only applicable for Greek citizens traveling by air to Vietnam.
2.2. Apply for e-visa for Vietnam
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017. In order to apply for e-visa for Vietnam, the Greek citizens will need to prepare a file of passport copy and recent taken photo (that presents your full face, front view, eyes open without glasses, background should be plain light colored or white). The e-visa fee (service fee and stamping fee) is paid once when the Greek citizens apply for e-visa, thus no cash is required at arrival airport.
E-visa is good for those who travel Vietnam less than 30 days single entry. Since the visa fee is paid once when applying for visa, the travelers don’t have to bring cash for stamping fee at immigration counter therefore, the visa process at arrival airport is faster accordingly.
However, there are several countries whose citizenship are eligible for e-visa up to now. See full list here.
When applying for e-visa for Vietnam, please note that:
- E-visa is single entry and valid for maximum 30 days;
- Payments for e-visa applications are non-refundable;
- The applicants should check the information on e-visa again the passport to make sure there is no mistake;
- The applicants have to determine the arrival border gates or airports when applying for e-visa. Changing of arrival ports after submitting e-visa is not allowed.
How to apply e-visa for Vietnam?
Step 1: Fill the requirement information in the application form.
Step 2: Pay the visa fee and get the confirmation from www.e-visasvietnam.com that your e-visa is being processed.
Step 3: Receive an email containing e-visa upon successful application. Kindly print it out, bring along with your passport to get on the plane.
Step 4: Upon arrival, present your e-visa at visa counter to get entry into Vietnam.
Notes : If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted.
2.3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates (pre-approved visa)
For those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or travel Vietnam by land or sea, they can go to the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate nearest their location.
The address of Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Greece for your information:
Embassy of Vietnam in Athens, Greece
Address: 50 Yakinthon street, Palaio Psychiko, Athens, Greece
3. How Greek citizens apply for 3 months, 6 months or 1 year visa for Vietnam?
For the Greek citizens who expect to travel Vietnam more than 1 month, with single or multiple entry they can opt for visa on arrival.
Visa on arrival designated to assist the travelers who are not eligible for e-visa or can not apply visa at the Vietnam Embassy. It completes the ‘Vietnam visa business’, to satisfy almost traveler’s needs on Vietnam visa.
The Greek can’t either travel Vietnam more than 1 month and neither travel Vietnam multiple times with e-visa, but they can do it with visa on arrival. Visa on arrival provides the visa validity up to 12 months, with single or multiple entry. In order to apply for 3 month tourist visa, the Greek citizens just follow the instruction “Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival” mentioned above. For long term visa (from 6 months to 1 year), in addition to the instructions mentioned above, the Greek passport holders kindly provide us your passport copy. This long term visa will be categorized as DN business visa (visa for working with the Vietnamese Enterprise).
For the Greek businessmen who expect to stay in Vietnam more than 1 year, we can help you to apply for 2 years Temporary Residence Card. The Temporary Residence Card will be normally classified as LD sign (LD sign is assigned to the foreign workers working in Vietnam).