Vietnam visa requirements for Hungary nation
All the Hungarian citizens will need a visa for Vietnam for both tourism or business purposes. Nowadays, the travelers can easily apply for Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy or apply online to pickup visa at arrival airport. Each of them has its own advantage however, visa on arrival is one of the easiest and cheapest way for Hungarian passports getting a Vietnam visa.
1. General information
– Vietnam visa is required for all Hungary passports;
– The travelers can apply for 1 month or 3 months tourist visa. If they enter Vietnam for working with the Vietnamese Enterprises, they will need a business visa;
– The business visa can be 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year validity and it can be extended when it’s expired;
– The processing time for Vietnam visa on arrival is normally 2 working days or 5 working days for the visa applied at the Vietnam Embassy. In urgent cases, visa on arrival can be done within 1 – 2 hours, in working days or at weekend;
– The passport must have at least 2 blank pages for visa sticky and stamp; and must be at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival;
2. How do Hungarian passport holders apply for Vietnam visa?
2.1. Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival
Hungarian visitors can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. Vietnam visa will be picked up upon arrival at the Vietnam airports by showing up the printed approval letter.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 1 or 2 working days (normal processing mode), 4 working hours (urgent processing mode) or even 1 hour (emergency processing mode) depending on which option the applicant chooses when submitting online application form.
The aim of visa on arrival is to make the trip to Vietnam easier and cheaper. It is applicable only to those traveling by air to Vietnam. Vietnam visa on arrival is especially an advantage to those living far from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Hungary.
By using Vietnam visa on arrival, the Hungary applicants do not need to wait too long to get the approval letter, an official document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department, giving permission to get the visa upon arrival.
In order to get a Vietnam visa on arrival, the applicants should pay two types of fee: the service fee and the stamping fee.
Service fee: The service fee is for visa approval letter processing.
Stamping fee: The stamping fee is paid in cash to the Vietnam Immigration Officer at the arrival airport to get the visa stamp.
– Visa on arrival is only applicable for the foreigners traveling Vietnam by air.
2.2. Apply for e-visa for Vietnam
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017. In order to apply for e-visa for Vietnam, the Hungarian travelers will need to prepare a file of passport copy and recent taken photo (it should present your full face, front view, eyes open without glasses, background should be plain light colored or white). The e-visa fee (service fee and stamping fee) is paid once when the Hungarian applicants apply for e-visa, thus no cash is required at arrival airport.
E-visa is good for those who travel Vietnam less than 30 days for tourist purposes. Since the visa fee is paid once when applying for visa, the travelers don’t have to bring cash for stamping fee at immigration counter therefore, the visa process at arrival airport is faster accordingly.
However, there are several countries whose citizenship are eligible for e-visa up to now. See full list here.
When applying for e-visa for Vietnam, please note that:
- E-visa is single entry and valid for maximum 30 days;
- Payments for e-visa applications are non-refundable;
- The applicants should check the information on e-visa again the passport to make sure there is no mistake;
- The applicants have to determine the arrival border gates or airports when applying for e-visa. Changing of arrival ports after submitting e-visa is not allowed.
How to apply e-visa for Vietnam?
Step 1: Fill the requirement information in the application form.
Step 2: Pay the visa fee and get e-visa in maximum 3 – 5 working days.
Step 3: Receive an email containing e-visa upon successful application. Please print out the e-visa, bring along with your passport to get on the plane.
Step 4: Present your e-visa at immigration counter to get entry into Vietnam.
Notes : If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted.
Port of entry for e-visa
|Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Nam Can Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)||Song Tien Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Tinh Bien Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Xa Mat Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Mong Cai Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Phu Bai International Airport||Moc Bai Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Phu Quoc International Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Cat Bi International Airport||Ha Tien Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Huu Nghi Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cau Treo Landport|
|Cha Lo Landport|
|Bo Y Landport|
|Lao Cai Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|La Lay Landport|
2.3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
For those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, they can go to the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate nearest their location.
The address of Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Hungary for your information:
Embassy of Vietnam in Budapest, Hungary
Address: 1146 Budapest Thokoly Ut 41, Budapest, Hungary
Phone: (361) 342 5583
Fax: (361) 352 8798
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Photo requirements for Vietnam visa notice
The Hungarian passport holders, who is applying for tourist visa, don’t have to submit the scanned photo for visa processing. However, business visa application may require a passport photo.
When you arrive in Vietnam, 2 passport size photos (4×6 cm) are required at Vietnam airport only. You need to bring your passport along with the approval letter and 2 photos to get visa stamped on your passport. You can also take picture at Vietnam airport at about 2 USD per photo if you do not have time to prepare those photos before departure.
Following regulation of passport style photo but it is not too strict:
– Photographs must be passport sized, identical, taken within the past 6 months;
– The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 13/8 inches;
– The photographs may be in color or black and white;
– It must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background;
– Photos should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline;
– Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily;
– If prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken;
– Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in the photographs.
4. How Hungarian citizens apply for 3 months, 6 months or 1 year visa for Vietnam?
For the Hungarians who expect to travel Vietnam more than 1 month, with single or multiple entry they can opt for visa on arrival.
Visa on arrival designated to assist the travelers who can not use e-visa or apply visa at the Vietnam Embassy. It fills up the blank of ‘Vietnam visa picture’, to satisfy almost traveler’s need on Vietnam visa.
The Hungarians can neither travel Vietnam more than 1 month nor travel Vietnam multiple times with e-visa, but they can do it with visa on arrival. Visa on arrival provides the visa validity up to 12 months, with single or multiple entry. In order to apply for 3 month tourist visa, the Hungarian citizens just follow the instruction “Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival” mentioned above. For long term visa (from 6 months to 1 year), in addition to the instructions mentioned above, the Hungarian passport holders kindly provide us your passport copy. This long term visa will be categorized as DN business visa (visa for working with the Vietnamese Enterprise).
For the Hungarian businessmen who expect to stay in Vietnam more than 1 year, we can help you to apply for 2 years Temporary Residence Card. The Temporary Residence Card will be normally classified as LD sign (LD sign is assigned to the foreign workers working in Vietnam).