Vietnam visa requirement for Republic of the Congo nationality
The citizens of Republic of the Congo is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all Republic of the Congo need to apply visa to Vietnam for either tourism or business purpose.
At present, there are 3 options for the Republic of the Congo citizens applying for Vietnam visa:
1. Apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy:
Since there is no representative office of Vietnam’s government in Republic of the Congo at present, the foreigners (including Republic of the Congo citizens and other nationalities residing in Republic of the Congo) are suggested to contact the nearest Vietnamese Embassy in neighboring countries: Nigeria, Angola and Tanzania to get pre-stamped visa.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival:
If it is inconvenient for you to visit the Vietnam Embassy in neighboring countries, you may select Vietnam visa on arrival to simplify your visa application process.
Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa to Vietnam in addition to the traditional way of obtaining a visa at Vietnam Embassy or Consulates. Once issued, it has same validity with the visa get from Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates. However, visa on arrival is applicable for those who travel Vietnam by airplane only.
3. Apply for e-visa for Vietnam
From 1 February 2017, the citizens from following countries are eligible to apply for the 30 days (single entry) e-visas for Vietnam. As Republic of the Congo is not in the list, Vietnam e-visa is NOT available for Republic of the Congo passport holders at present.
Applying for Vietnam visa is never easier than ever! With the support of internet and thank for the globalization policy, getting a visa for Vietnam is becoming more and more simple. The customers now have several options to apply for Vietnam visa at their most convenience. Each option has its own pros and cons and below is the comparison between 2 popular options:
|Description||Visa on arrival||Traditional visa|
|Issued by||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy or Consulates with the approval of Vietnam Immigration Department|
|Passport required or not?||No need to send your original passport away||Parting with your original passport|
|Processing time||Normal service: 2 working days;|
Urgent service: 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or 1 working day;
|3 - 5 working days|
|Processing fee (*)||From US $6 + stamping fee, 100% refundable if visa rejected||From US $45, non-refundable in any case|
|Payment method||Money order, cashier’s check, company check||Credit cards, Paypal, Western Union, bank wire transfer|
|Additional fee||None||Postal cost, driving fee and even air fares to reach the Vietnam Embassy|
|Visa application||Online totally||In person or by post|
|Travel by||By airplanes only||By any means of transport|
|Get visa stamped||Queuing in front of Immigration Counter at arrival airport in Vietnam to get visa stamped. This can be skipped with our fast track service.||Having visa already stamped onto your passport before entry Vietnam.|
|Support||Limited online support||24 hours a day, 7 days a week|
|Convinience||It is especially convenient for those who are staying far away Vietnamese Embassy.||Difficult for those who is living in the country with no Vietnam Embassy|
|Availability||For travelers to Vietnam by air only||For travelers to Vietnam by any transports|
4. Things the Republic of the Congo citizens should know when applying for Vietnam visa on arrival
– At present, the Republic of the Congo citizens are eligible for 1 month single entry tourist visa (for 25 days stay maximum) only. You must apply for visa extension before your expiration date or leave country for visa run. Overstaying is not allowed and you may be banned from immigrating to Vietnam if you violate this regulation!
– Since the Republic of the Congo is listed as the sensitive nation, the processing fee for the Republic of the Congo passport is rather higher. Please update the visa cost for the Republic of the Congo here.
– Normally it takes 7 – 10 working days (except Saturday and Sunday) to complete your Vietnam visa. As it is a lengthy process, you are suggested to apply for visa early so that it will not affect your itinerary. In any case, you should not buy the flight ticket until you received visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department;
– You should prepare a copy of your passport. It is required document to process your Vietnam visa.