Vietnam visa requirements for Republic of Korea (South Korea) nation
As the Vietnam immigration policy, the South Korean passport holders travelling Vietnam for tourism purposes can stay in the country for a maximum of 15 days single entry with visa free. As the Vietnam visa exempted country, the Korean citizens can enter Vietnam by any port of arrival including airports (for air entry), border gates on land (for traveling by bus or train) or sea port (for traveling by cruise, ship).
In order to re-enter Vietnam with visa free program, the Korean passport holders have to to wait 30 days between two entries. Otherwise, they will need to apply for Vietnam visa.
1. General information
– Vietnam visa is required for all Korea passports;
– The travelers can apply for 1 month or 3 months tourist visa. If they enter Vietnam for working with the Vietnamese Enterprises, they will need a business visa;
– The business visa can be 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year validity and it can be extended when it’s expired;
– The processing time for Vietnam visa on arrival is normally 2 working days or 5 working days for the visa applied at the Vietnam Embassy. In urgent cases, visa on arrival can be done within 1 – 2 hours, in working days or at weekend;
– The passport must have at least 2 blank pages for visa sticky and stamp; and must be at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival;
2. How do Korean passport holders apply for Vietnam visa?
2.1. Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival
Korean citizens can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. Vietnam visa will be picked up upon arrival at the Vietnam airports by showing up the printed approval letter.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 1 or 2 working days (normal processing mode), 4 working hours (urgent processing mode) or even 1 hour (emergency processing mode) depending on which option the applicant chooses when submitting online application form.
The aim of visa on arrival is to make the trip to Vietnam easier and cheaper. It is applicable only to those traveling by air to Vietnam. Vietnam visa on arrival is especially an advantage to those living far from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in South Korea.
By using Vietnam visa on arrival, the Korean applicants do not need to wait too long to get the approval letter, an official document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department giving permission to get the visa upon arrival.
In order to get a Vietnam visa on arrival, the applicants should pay two types of fee: the service fee and the stamping fee.
Service fee: The service fee is for visa approval letter processing.
Stamping fee: The stamping fee is paid in cash to the Vietnam Immigration Officer at the arrival airport to get the visa stamp.
– Visa on arrival is only applicable for the foreigners traveling Vietnam by air.
2.2. Apply for e-visa for Vietnam
From 1 February 2017, the citizens of following countries are eligible to apply for e-visas for Vietnam. As Korea is not in the list, Vietnam e-visa is NOT available for Korean passport holders at present.
2.3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
For those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, they can go to the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate nearest their location.
The address of Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Korea for your information:
Embassy of Vietnam in Seoul, Korea
Address: 123 Bukchon-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
3. Photo requirements for Vietnam visa notice
The Korean passport holders, who is applying for tourist visa, don’t have to submit the scanned photo for visa processing. However, business visa application may require a passport photo.
When you arrive in Vietnam, 2 passport size photos (4×6 cm) are required at Vietnam airport only. You need to bring your passport along with the approval letter and 2 photos to get visa stamped on your passport. You can also take picture at Vietnam airport at about 2 USD per photo if you do not have time to prepare those photos before departure.
Following regulation of passport style photo but it is not too strict:
– Photographs must be passport sized, identical, taken within the past 6 months;
– The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 13/8 inches;
– The photographs may be in color or black and white;
– It must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background;
– Photos should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline;
– Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily;
– If prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken;
– Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in the photographs.
4. How do South Korean citizens apply for 1 year business visa or Temporary Residence Card?
Many South Korean citizens travel Vietnam with visa free and then they find out the country is so beautiful and there are many chances they can start their business here in Vietnam. They decide to apply for 1 year business visa, or 2 years Temporary Residence Card.
In order to apply for 1 year business visa, the South Korean citizens do not provide any paper documentation but their passport copy only. With 1 year business visa, the South Korean passport holders can stay in Vietnam continuously for 12 months without leaving country in the middle or extend the visa. It’s really suitable for those who stay long in Vietnam for business purposes.
For those who expect to stay in Vietnam even longer (2 years) without leaving country in the middle, they can apply for Temporary Residence Card. To be proud, we are one of the few trusted visa agency who provide 1 year business visa and Temporary Residence Card for +1,700 South Korean visitors per year. With 1 year business visa and Temporary Residence Card, the visa validity is really not your concern anymore.