Vietnam transit visa
Your flight has a layover in Vietnam and you’re probably wondering if you need a Vietnam transit visa or not. A transit visa may be a minor thing in your whole trip in comparison with many important things you have to prepare. However, if you forget it you may destroy your whole trip.
In this post we will help you to find the right answer if you need a Vietnam transit visa or not. We also give you an advice on how to apply for a transit visa at the quickest and cheapest way. There is also another instruction on how to get an urgent Vietnam transit visa in case you are totally unaware of the necessity of a transit visa, or you forget to apply for a transit visa beforehand.
According to the Law No. 47/2014/QH13 which took effect on January 1, 2015 on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam, the travellers those fully meet following conditions are possible to do a transit in Vietnam:
- Having a passport with a validity of 6 months at least;
- Having a flight ticket to the third country which requires a layover in Vietnam;
- Having a visa to the third country except those are exempted from visa
Who need a Vietnam transit visa?
Vietnam transit visa is required in the following cases:
– Those who have layover in Vietnam more than 24 hours;
– Those who have to leave the transit area to take the luggage for the next flight;
– Those who wish to take a short visit in the city;
If you don’t need a transit visa, you just find the “TRANFER COUNTER” when you arrive in Vietnam airport and remain in this area entire duration of your layover. Please ensure that you don’t have to go through immigration checkpoint to take the luggage for the next flight.
How to apply for a Vietnam transit visa?
In case your layover in Vietnam is more than 24 hours or you have to go through the immigration checkpoint to take your luggage for the next flight; or you wish to take a short visit in the city then you will need a transit visa.
There are several ways that you can apply for a Vietnam transit visa:
– Applying for a visa on arrival: An approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department is required and it takes 2 working days to complete;
– Applying for an e-visa: Only the citizens of 80 countries are eligible for Vietnam e-visa and it takes 3 – 5 working days to complete;
Lear more about Vietnam visa on arrival and e-visa?
– Applying for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate: You must visit the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in person to submit a transit visa application and comeback in another day to get the result;
All these ways of transit visa application must be done before you get on the plane and have a layover in Vietnam. None of them can be arranged directly at Vietnam airport but there are some steps you must complete in advance.
How to get urgent transit visa?
If you are unsure if you need to have a Vietnam transit visa, you should check with the airlines that you have bought a ticket. For some reason you don’t have transit visa but you have to leave the transit area for taking the luggage, then you should apply for urgent transit visa.
An urgent transit visa can be expedited within 4 working hours and send to you via email. In this case, it must be a visa on arrival or an e-visa.
Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone/whatsapp +84-912-685-141 if you need further information about urgent transit visa for Vietnam.